Where Should We Eat? Columbus restaurants

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cici's Pizza -West Pointe Plaza off of Hilliard-Rome

    Alrighty guys,  I simply have to review Cici's here in Hilliard because I have always loved the concept of a pizza buffet.  Unfortunately for me, it is a love-hate relationship.  Lets just say, I love it, but it hates me.  I basically grew up with a pizza buffet in town and my family of six, which included two step brothers on my Dad's side, went there basically every weekend.  However, it was not a Cicis.  It was an East of Chicago pizza and most of you guys have probably never even heard of the chain.

    I'll start off by saying that all pizza buffets are just about the same stuff.  They all have some sort of meaty pizza, some weird Hawaiian pizza, a couple of dessert pizza's.  However, Cici's really steps it up a notch.  They have a HUGE spread at seemingly any given time and sometimes they even have some stuff I'd never tried before!  For instance, these guys have a buffalo pizza in which the tomato sauce is replaced with buffalo and it is topped with chicken bits;  it is now my personal favorite on their buffet!

   Unfortunately, when it comes to almost any buffet style restaurant, I feel that there is a huge decline in quality.  This is not to say that I don't like this pizza, but it just isn't my favorite in the world.  However, for a single parent feeding a child or 6, or even a family looking for a cheap, filling meal, Cici's is an awesome bargain!  Even their take out deals beat out Little Caesar's in my opinion.  Little Cesar's boasts a 5 dollar hot and ready large peperoni or cheese pizza, where Cici's boasts 3 medium 3 topping pizzas for 10 dollars . . you be the judge on that one.

Verdict: 10/10 for value and 6.0/10 for quality

Here, you will see the classic case of "you get what you pay for."  It is absolutely great for big families in need of something filling for 5.75 a head on the buffet. Though, if you are looking for quality, well, go to your favorite pizza place, which may even be Cici's I suppose!  Everyone is different when it comes to pizza it seems!

Cici's Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment