Where Should We Eat? Columbus restaurants

Friday, February 25, 2011

Ruby Tuesday - Hilliard-Rome Road

   Hey there fans and other visitors who should bookmark this page!  (I kid)  Here's the deal.  I absolutely LOVE Ruby Tuesday and never usually say anything bad about them.  However, this is a review, and I always like to give my readers some cons to go along with the pros.  After all, they are sort of like peanut butter and jelly . . . Jelly (the pros) is just too sweet by itself and peanut butter (the cons) can stick to the top of your mouth and . . .  well, I'll be honest.  I'm going nowhere with this.  Here's the review.  CHEERS!


  My fiancée and I went to this lovely franchise recently and, as usual, we were very pleased with our meals.  Now, I know that most of the guys that go here usually get a steak or a burger, which is great!  However, I am a different breed; I'm the kind of guy that only goes to this place when I'm in the mood for seafood.  This is because of their awesome meal called the "New Orleans Seafood."  Basically, it is heaven . . . that is, if heaven were a plate of dead and delightfully "spicy, broiled tilapia topped with sautéed shrimp and rich Parmesan cream sauce. Served with your choice of two Signature Sides." (yes, that is definitely copied straight from the menu :p ).  


   Though I am a lover of the "New Orleans Seafood" dish, I have also tried a number of their burgers and their steaks a number of times.  Their burgers are nothing less than grand.  My very favorite is the Smokehouse, but they are all VERY flavorful and I have yet to get a bad one! However, I have to say that the steaks, in my experience, are not always cooked the way I ask them to be. However, the servers and management are top-notch and are usually very intent on making you a happy customer!


  Now for the bad news.  Once a friend and I went to this franchise (in Vandalia, Ohio) and he ordered just a piece of bbq chicken.  I have to tell you, it was the WORST thing I had ever seen come from a restaurant of this caliber.  Literally, it was a chicken breast (very dry) topped with some barbecue sauce, which was COLD!  After trying it, I couldn't help but wonder how such a thing was ever even put on the menu!  Though, if I am not mistaken, it may be off the menu now.  Anyways, the point is this: DON'T ORDER IT!  


    As I stated earlier,  I LOVE Ruby Tuesday.  Not that it's my favorite restaurant in the world, but it DOES satisfy my seafood and burger cravings.  Though, I heard on the radio this morning that there is a new seafood place called Fisherman's Wharf, which is the self proclaimed (via radio commercial) "best seafood in the Columbus area."  I think I know where I'm taking MY next seafood craving!  (Sorry Ruby, but I've got a blog to maintain here  ;p  )


Thanks for reading!


Subscribe or bookmark if you live in the Columbus Area!  I'm just getting warmed up!


Verdict 8.0/10

I have to leave room for improvement here.  I simply can't give this place more than an 8 because it is not all it could be.  First, I have never liked the idea of a salad bar (which Ruby Tuesday has).  At least, not for this type of restaurant.  Why can't they just do like the Olive Garden and bring a large bowl of Salad to each table.  It just seems much classier.  Also, the lighting isn't always great.  SOMETIMES they turn them up a notch and you can see just fine, but others, the low light just annoys me.  Overall, I LOVE Ruby and those of you who don't, well, call me a liar in a comment!  I'm down for some criticism; so lay it on me!


Ruby Tuesday on Urbanspoon






No comments:

Post a Comment